Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ponder Scripture

This is my second attempt at a second blog. My first attempt at a second blog totally went by the wayside.

Here is a little background.

My name is Allison and I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I’ve been a member my whole life. Although my life has taken many twists, turns, ups, and downs (more downs) I am still here and still a member. I’ve come to gain a testimony of my own of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for this is His church. I know that without a doubt that this church is the fullness of the gospel and it was restored by a prophet named Joseph Smith, Junior. He was a prophet like Moses, Adam, and Noah. He restored the gospel in this the last days prior to the coming of Christ again to rule and reign on this Earth. I know that we are lead by a true and living prophet, chosen by succession, revelation, and inspiration and his name is Thomas S. Monson. I know that Christ atoned for the sins of all, not just those that dwell here, but all those that have lived, currently live, and will live. I can testify of the cleansing power of that very Atonement for I have partaken of its bitter sweetness. I know with full surety that Christ lives. I know that Heavenly Father lives. I also know that the Book of Mormon is a true book written by ancient prophets for our day and time.

The Book of Mormon is subtitled Another Testament of Jesus Christ. This book testifies of Jesus Christ. It is a history of the posterity of Nephi, an ancient prophet. He and his family left Jerusalem and traveled to the Americas in 600 B.C.E. There are principals, stories, parables, and allegories in the Book of Mormon that I have read and studied. I have grown to know that these things written in the book are true.

This blog is subtitled “My Thoughts and Feelings on a Single Scripture During Daily Study.” I will post the previous day’s scripture passage and give you my opinions. I will also link it to the scripture page on the official website for the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints so you can read the passages around it. I invite you to post your beliefs and view points on the passage.

At the end of each entry I will put links to the offical website of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (lds.org) and to the investigators website (mormon.org).

Feel free to use this as a missionary tool or if you are seeking inspiration.

Thanks for your time and happy study.

lds.org
mormon.org

No comments: